Check out what TEAMs have been doing in 2004-2005.
TEAM Tsunamis: The destruction of the earthquake and tsunamis wave that rocked our world on December 26th, 2004 was beyond belief. Hundreds of thousands of lives lost, millions left homeless . People from around the world responded. Including Friends and Flags schools and teams. Read about how Georgina and students from Glendale Elementary School, BC, Canada made their TEAM effort to help!
Georgina and students felt they HAD to do something to help the victims of the Tsunamis disaster. . So this is how they began
Before the school session even returned after the holiday, they held a class meeting for deciding upon a plan of action. The follow list reflects how they organized themselves.
1) Title: Adopt-a-Village
2) Create a classroom committee to lead the project
3) Inform the superintendant of schools about our project
4) Inform school principals district wide, and invite them to have their students donate a gently used toy or other comfort item (with a one-week time frame)
5) Provide each school with a collection box for the donations
6) Collect the items
7) Sort and package them
8) Contact transportation sources for free shipping and/or donations to pay for shipping
9) Coordinate contact information with disaster area with Friends and Flags coordinator , Karen Eini
10) Contact made with Friends and Flags partner Mr. Sanjeev Kumar Fauzdar who lives in New Dehli and will help ensure that our packages reach our adopted village!!!
In the picture below you can see the students of Glendale Elementary at City Hall with the Mayor of Williams Lake.
Bravo Glendale Elementary for being a great TEAM. Read this article about their efforts in their local newspaper!!!